We are seeking a broadly skilled Spectrum Management Regulatory Adviser to provide, in concert with other Advisers and under the guidance of the Principal Adviser, technical advice and operational support on spectrum planning, spectrum management operations and spectrum management capacity building to the ANC.
The Spectrum Management Regulatory Adviser will develop and support ANC’s capacity in dealing with current and developing issues related to Radio Spectrum Management for the effective discharge of ANC’s statutory functions and duties under the Telecommunications Decree-law.
The Spectrum Management Regulatory Adviser will be expected to have:
- Professional experience with leadership qualities and an understanding of policy making and implications of all aspects of spectrum regulatory action.
- Experience in regulatory or in the technical standards environment along with in-depth knowledge of the telecom industry and competitive issues.
- Spectrum management expertise and an understanding of spectrum management reform and technology innovation.
- Mentoring skills to assist the ANC develop internally the technical skills it needs to regulate the market.
Excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing and the candidate must work well in a team environment.
- Ideally knowledge or experience with the ITU’s Spectrum Management System for Developing Countries (SMS4DC) software system.
- In addition, expertise in one or more areas of telecommunications regulation such as numbering, interconnection and competition will be considered favourably.
Duration: 5 months (depending on the start date), with the possibility of a 6 month extension.
Location and Travel: Most work is expected to be carried out in Dili, Timor-Leste, however some travel may be required as part of duties.
Last updated: 21/01/2014